Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jojo Sues Record Label

Jojo Sues Record LabelSinger Jojo is suing her record label in a bid to be released from her record contract.

The 18-year-old pop star is desperate to leave Da Family Entertainment,the company she signed a deal with at just 12, so that she can put out new music as the firm struggles to overcome ongoing financial woes.

But unfortunately I have become a victim of industry politics that honestly have nothing to do with me personally or professionally

But the Leave (Get Out) hitmaker maintains she has no resentment towards the firm's bosses, insisting the lawsuit was filed as a last resort in her bid to put out her next album.

She writes on her official blog, "For the past year and a half I've been diligently co-operating with my record label(s) so I can have the opportunity to continue with my career and do what I love the most - create music and sing. I've been a patient team player and have done everything that was asked andor expected of me. "As you may already know, my record company has been going through a major transition and unfortunately all of the artists on the label have been forced to sit on the sidelines and wait.

I exhausted every option and exercised much patience before reaching my final decision to file a formalcomplaint with the court.

"My situation is a bit atypical. It is not a case where the artist loves the material they are making, is set in his or her ways, will not take direction or advice, and will not co-operate with the label. This is Not the case at all. "I've been blessed to receive great feedback from the record company inresponse to the music I've been delivering.

But unfortunately I have become a victim of industry politics that honestly have nothing to do with me personally or professionally.

Because of this, I am willing to fight for what I love and ultimately for the chance to regain control of my livelihood and my life". JoJo, real name Joanne Levesque, is seeking $500,000 (£334,000) indamages from the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Themes by ASRock Celebrity News - Privacy Policy - Sitemap